No matter how well you maintain it, the roof of your house will eventually need to be replaced. However, if a natural disaster hasn’t damaged it, it can be difficult to know when your residential roof needs replacing. A professional residential roofing contractor will be able to provide you with a roof replacement timeline and help you consider the best materials to use for your budget and the aesthetics of your home.
So, how do you know when your roof needs replacing and what’s involved in a roof replacement in New Jersey? This handy guide should answer these questions and more.
Signs Your Home’s Shingle Roof Needs Replacing
If your home’s shingle roof has gone for too long without maintenance and repairs or has simply reached the end of its lifespan, it’s time to replace it.
Worn-out or old shingles exhibit telling signs that they’ve reached the end of their useful lives, including:
- Curled edges
- Cupped shingle tabs
- Missing color granules
Additionally, if you find shingles on your lawn, visible dips or concave sections in your roof, wet insulation or boxes in your attic, or if your roof is 20 years old or more, your roof should likely be replaced.
Benefits of a Roof Replacement
Investing in a residential roof replacement in the greater New Jersey area will allow you to:
- Protect the interior of your building from water damage.
- Provide a comfortable and clean living space for yourself and your family.
- Maximize your property value.
The Step-by-Step Process of Roof Replacement
Once you’ve determined that you need a new roof, it’s beneficial to know what’s involved in a roof replacement when taking advantage of a professional roofing contractor in New Jersey.
Here is the step-by-step process of residential roof replacement:
- The best professional roofing contractor crews will take advantage of the daylight by arriving at your home by 8 a.m. to remove your existing roof and take it away in their disposal truck.
- They will then inspect your sub roofing for damage and replace all damaged materials.
- Synthetic underlayment should then be installed to protect against moisture. The contractors will then nail down asphalt shingles over this underlayer.
- A final roof inspection should then occur to ensure the contractors have applied top-quality workmanship.
- The best roofing contractors in New Jersey will then register your new roof’s lifetime warranty and offer a warranty on their workmanship.
- The roof replacement job should then be completed by the crew cleaning up the entire site, including addressing any damage to landscaping and removing all old roofing materials missed in the initial disposal.
A roof replacement is a large and complicated job that should only be completed by professionals. Novalis Roofing & Siding has been in business for over 75 years. We are a family-owned and operated business that takes pride in our work. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and learn more about your roof replacement timeline.